As you know from reading my blog that I started a 6 week Fall Transformation…my true transformation has been evolving long before this Fall program (I promise to explain the tears).
To give you a little background…I’ve been making changes in my life over the past few years. It all started when I was looking through one of the local CNJ weekly newspapers…I spied an advertisement for Body Project Fitness. I’m not sure what exactly it was that triggered me to try it…maybe the free week or maybe it was just different from a gym. I know I was back and forth with BodyProject a couple times before it really stuck for me. I tried the holiday program and they did a special for kettlebell training (if you’ve never tried it…AWESOME…great cardio/strength workout)! I have probably been a HardBody (what we call ourselves who go to bootcamp every month – not the special programs).
What is Body Project Fitness and how did it change my life? It isn’t just a work-out, it is a fitness program. Yes, I work-out 3 days a week at 6 am (and yes there are days when I pop right out of bed at 5:10 am, times when it is really tough to get up and others when I let negative self-talk get the better of me and go back to sleep (doesn’t happen as often as it used to) for 45 minutes with a mixture of cardio and strength training – lots of times circuits. A different workout every day. It sounds like many other programs right? No, it isn’t because the FitPros at Body Project are there for you for the full body workout – including the mind (food journals-including reviewing, our own FB for BodyProject, available for 1:1 consultations – including goal setting, etc)
How have things changes (credit to BodyProject and helping re-think a few things)?
- Check out my freezer…not one WW or Lean Cuisine meal. here are frozen veggies, fruit, chicken, filets and salmon. Ok..there is some ice cream – but it isn’t light…full blown…I know what is in it – cream, sugar, pecans. 3 years ago my freezer was filled with whatever was on sale for WW or Lean Cuisine (and prior to that JC meals)
- Sweetner: I used to use 2 (yes 2) Sweet n Low packets in my coffee, then I moved to 1 packet and now I’m using 1/2 of SweetLeaf (stevia). And if I forget my Stevia and I’m out I use sugar…would rather put the real mccoy in vs. a chemical.
- Reading Food Labels: I’ve been on 2 Grocery Store Tours as part of the Body Project program. I’ve been a label reader for a long time..this has made me look at the labels differently. I look at the sugars, fiber and actual contents…I still look at the calorie and fat content but I weigh them differently than before.
- I eat more whole foods and try to stay away from things with a long shelf life (ie. bread)…oh I still eat bread – either Eizekel Sprout bread (from the freezer) or fresh made delivered from the bakery rye bread.
- I have ‘new’ go to items: hummus, avocados, guacomole, cannellini beans, black beans, ricotta cheese, nuts (almonds and pecans), honey (for the ricotta cheese), greek yogurt, homemade granola, string cheese, apples, dark chocolate.
- I’m taking a yogalates class on Thursday nights through December in addition to Bootcamp
- I really try not to ignore the scale in my bathroom
- And I’m not on a DIET – and I correct anyone around me who asks how my diet is going! 🙂
- And I’m sure there are more I just can’t remember
So back to the Tears of Joy…as part of our program our measurements and body fat are measured. When I first stared we held a machine in our hands. Now we use BodyMetrix. What is BodyMetrix? They still take our measurements, but the add in is an ultrasound of the back of our triceps, waist and hips to measure the layer of body fat / muscle. Since April 2010, my bodyfat has DROPPED 7% and I’ve moved into an ACCEPTABLE range for BodyFat!!! I knew my numbers a week ago, but I didn’t get my report (to show the ranges) until the other night…I cried TEARS of JOY! It clearly shows the progress I’ve made and what I can do when I put my mind to it. I’m very pleased! And I’m ready for the next 6 weeks!
PS: A special SHOUT OUT to Lindsay Vastola and the BodyProject FitPros…THANK YOU!!