I’m not a big fan of food shopping, I think it is because there are certain foods I like but there isn’t just one store that has it all for me.
There is a place that opened up close by me (after the really close store closed), but it didn’t turn out to be what I expected – although they do carry Boar’s Head lunch meat and local eggs…so big plus. So I’ve been putting off going grocery shopping for the week (I do belong to Chef Express so I just need some basics). I finally made the long ride (NOT…it is only a 15 or 20 minute ride) to Trader Joe’s tonight.
It is obvious I haven’t been there in awhile…it is bigger, they changed the entrance and completely changed the store around.
I was in and out of there in 20 minutes or so and made some great finds (and spent less than $50).
1. Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk – $1.69 (usually $2.50 or > for other brands). I was so excited I bought 3 (yes I need to get out more)!
2. Trader Joe’s Horseradish Hummus – I can’t wait to try this…love hummus and horseradish.
3. Trader Joe’s Mini Brie Bites – comes in a 5 pack individual servings – think this would be great on a pear.
4. Trader Joe’s Chopped Veggies – saw this on another blog…great option for making a nice big salad without the hassle and waste.
5. Trader Joe’s Sweet Baby Bells – figure I can use these with the hummus
6. Trader Joe’s Pita Bite Crackers – for a little bit of crunch
7. Trader Joe’s Greek Yogurt – want to see if it is a good as Fage
8. Trader Joe’s Water – I just had to buy this as it was only $0.49 and I need a new bottle for my work-out tomorrow.
Wish I had two other things to highlight…the other stuff wasn’t that exciting! 🙂 Anyway it was great to get re-acquainted with a new friend!