Sorry I’ve been gone for awhile…the end of 2012 was a bit crazy both from a work and personal standpoint. So to get me back in the groove – thought I’d pull out and oldie but a goodie smoothie recipe – the Cinnamon Roll Smoothie!
This has got to be my favorite smoothie – it really tastes like a cinnamon roll. My favorite cinnamon rolls or what we call them – sticky buns are from Harner’s Bakery at The West Shore Farmer’s Market in Lemoyne, PA (I go for the mini stickies with nuts – can you say YUM!!)
So here is the recipe for a healthier version (and trust me I get the real thing every once in a while):
Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened and organic) (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup coconut water (I like Zico – make sure it is the natural – no sugar added)
- 1 scoop of protein mix (I use Prograde Vanilla) (http://ryanlee.getprograde.com/protein-powder.html
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt (I use Himalayan Sea Salt)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1-2 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon pecans (I usually add a bit more too)
- Stevia to taste (I used 1/2 a packet)
- 2 ice cubes (optional)
Put ingredients into VitaMix or a Blender and mix until smooth. Pour into a nice tall glass and enjoy!
What do you think?
PS: My breakfast drink of choice this weekend!