Last week, I was on Spring Break for the first time since I was in college and the destination was beautiful Anna Maria Island, Florida (about an hour outside of Tampa). My college destination was Central PA. I was pretty darn excited to be going someplace warm, spend time with my family and just get away as 2013 has been super busy for me so far.
The travel day was a bit of a pain – major airport delays (non weather related). However, I did get to hang with my brother and his family – and we toasted the end of Lent at the airport bar (I gave up alcohol for Lent) – here is my first cocktail – yummy Bloody Mary!
I also treated myself to a last minute 1st Class Upgrade – the downside – the gentleman sitting next to me snored like a freight train – so annoying!
I’m not going to bore you with a blow by blow of what I did on my vacation. However, I will hit some of the highlights:
- Lunch and Cocktails at The Sand Bar in Anna Maria – right on the beach – beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Getting 3 days on Manatee Beach in Holmes Beach – a great public beach.
- Fishing on the “Wanna Go” with my Dad and Brother – we caught lots of Spanish Mackerel and one Sea Trout (well my Dad caught that one). Spanish Mackerel taste yummy marinated in Ken’s Teriyaki (low sugar too) and grilled.
- Spending time with my parents, brother, sister-in-law and my niece and nephew
- Skinny’s – yum – they post their wait based on the number of beers. Our first order was a 2.5 beer wait – by the time I walked up from the beach it was a 3.5 beer wait (good thing my order was already placed – I did enjoy 2 Corona Lights before our order was up!).
- 3 Great Workouts at Island Fitness in Holmes Beach
- Having dinner with a life long friend, her husband and my Mom – oh and the food was fabulous – The Palm in Tampa! And we were seated in the Steinbrenner Booth!
- Dinner at The Sign of the Mermaid with my parents and the Taylors – food was great and the company was fabulous
- Having one last Corona Light or two with the above group at Skinny’s on Friday night! 🙂
It was a great vacation – went by way to quickly (was bummed that Thursday was a complete bust – lots of rain)!
I could’ve used another week as I was just starting to figure where everything was located (and other things I wanted to do). I would go back – very relaxing!