As promised – here is how I did on my Week 2 goals. The goal is to achieve 80 – 100%.
- Drink 80 ozs of water per day (which includes preparing the night before – filling up my pitcher – seems so simple, but something that I put off). 100% Goal Achieved
- Set calendar for every 2 hours to get up and move around (away from my desk). 90% Goal Semi Achieved (got up and walked around every 2 hours – never put it on my calendar).
- Have vegetables (non-starch) at every meal. I actually do a good job at breakfast and I’m getting better at lunch – dinner is sometimes the challenge – I use a personal chef and sometimes the meal has a starch vegetable and I don’t have a salad or add something else. I will add a salad to my evening meal. 90% of Goal Achieved – only night without a salad was Saturday night (although I did have asparagus – and do wasabi peas count?)
Other successes: Tried out the Open Studio and made it to Project Sculpt on Thursday (killer workout). Additionally made two yoga classes this week and was able to do a standing balanced triangle.
Celebrate: Got to see a college friend and her family last night who I haven’t had a chance to see in quite some time. It was a great time!!
Notes/Reflections/Revelations: Preparation makes things so much easier!
Week 3 Goals:
- Address my coffee addiction – Limit 2 K cups per day.
- Add 2 – 3 green smoothies into my weekly menu – most likely pre-workout – good news is I’ve already made them and they are in shaker bottles in my fridge. I had one today – pre 7:00 pm workout. Not too bad (I did add protein mix – didn’t have it in the batch I made last night). (I’ll post later what I put in the smoothie)
- Continue the following:
- Drink 80 ozs of water per day
- Get up and move around every 2-3 hours during the workday
- Eat a salad with dinner
I’ll post my results and observations next week.