On our second workout of our Spring Transformation there was a challenge workout. The purpose of the challenge is to set your baseline and to see how you’ve improved over the 6 weeks. I’ve done the challenges before and knew it was coming, but I can tell you I was kind of nervous for the challenge (4/17).
The challenge exercises were as follows:
- Push-ups to exhaustion on toes and knees – with a requirement to go down to a weight on the mat
- Wall Sit
- Burpees (the full body workout – I used to despise – now not so much) (timed 2 minutes)
April 17, 2013 Results
- Push-ups: 17 (toes)
- Wall Sit: 1:14 minutes (with a massive headache that lasted for about 2 days)
- Burpees: 28
May 15, 2013 Results (not as nervous – just anticipation)
- Push-ups: 25 (toes) and 13 (knees)
- Wall Sit: 1:41 minutes (no headache – yeah!!)
- Burpees: 27 (bummer)
- Push-ups: 32% improvement on toes; overall 124% improvement 🙂
- Wall Sit: 24% improvement
- Burpees: 3.5% decline
- Overall Results: 48% Improvement – wahoo!!!
I’m very pleased with my results. Wish I had at least gotten to my baseline on my burpees – but it isn’t the end of the world.
The energy in our class was a little blah at the beginning on May 15th – post warm up we had a visit in our class – a squirrel – I think he helped get our adrenaline up. Everyone had great results and were cheering everyone one – particularly our last two standing (more like sitting) on the wall sits.
Really happy and proud of my results!!