One of thing I noticed that helped Tory on her journey was writing her goals down. Now this is nothing new, but what I liked that she did was – write it on an index card. So that is just what I did yesterday – a little more later as to what I have on it.
For more than a year I’ve been focusing on the following:
- Eat 3 meals per day – this is a well balanced meal with protein, carb and veggies. No more than 30 carbs per meal – and enough protein to get me to the next meal. And we’ve adjusted the carbs down to ~25 per meal (and no bread with breakfast) (and I bet most days I’m much lower than that per meal)
- No fruit – I’m carb sensitive
- Drink 60 – 80 ozs of water per day. I’ve added some hydration tabs as my last two blood tests have shown that I’m dehydrated – I sweat a lot when I work out.
- Limit desserts and sweets in general
- Exercise 3 xs per week
- Enjoy my food – so I don’t eat stuff I don’t like!
As I mentioned earlier, I decided yesterday to create a 30 day plan starting to see if tweaking the above would show any changes to my weight loss (it has kind of slowed down over the last 5 weeks). One of the things Tory did was go cold turkey not having things. I’ve always been fairly flexible as I don’t want to feel like I’m missing out on things. However, I’m curious for one can I do the following and two does being so strict make a difference? Time will tell.
- Water, Coffee or Tea only – no Diet Pepsi and no Diet Dr. Pepper. I really don’t drink a lot of soda but I can tell you the next month I will be tempted with some work and personal travel.
- No bread at breakfast – I know this is in the above; however, I’ve been known to make exceptions – especially when I’m finished with my 6 week nutritionist appointment – I use it as a reward and know better than to use food as a reward! 🙂
- Limit my AM coffee routine to 2 cups per morning – and if I want a 3rd cup it needs to be black. I enjoy light cream in my coffee.
- No dessert
- Exercise 4xs per week or more!
I’ll keep you posted on my progress.