I love this time of year because I get to spend extra time with my family and extended family (and friends), the great decorations (I love seeing all the light displays), extra treats and of course listening to Christmas music. This time of year is also a challenge for me to keep myself as a priority! Anyone else have this challenge? I have lots of errands (I host Christmas day with my family – I love it – but I want everything to be perfect so I go into overdrive :-)) and work/personal commitments this time of year.
Something I’ve realized over the last couple of weeks is that if my work or personal schedule get in the way of my planned workouts – I don’t have a back-up plan.
I have all the right tools to have a back-up plan – I just received this 5×7 workout – who doesn’t have 5 minutes a day? And the weather is still quite warm in NJ (I think today it might hit 60+) so I’m able to have my 1:1s with my team while I walk (I had one yesterday and we were both walking talking via our cellphones – I was told – this is such a great idea – I love that I’m not only helping myself but helping my team too!).
My personal goals for the Christmas season:
- Drink 80 ozs of water per day (I have a handy pitcher that I fill up either before I got to bed or when I get up first thing in the AM). Note to self – add 1 hydration tab per one large glass (I get dehydrated pretty quickly when I workout)
- Get 7.5 – 8 hours of sleep per night (super important)
- Plan my day to incorporate the 5×7 workout and walking into my day (target = 10K steps per day).
- Get my 3 weekly workouts each week (Hardbody, Yoga, Spin or TRX)
- Add more salads to my meals (I’m good about getting veggies into lunch / dinner – I’m not as good as adding salad to the mix)
- Take my vitamins
- Have FUN – enjoy the extra time with family and friends this Christmas season! 🙂
What are you doing to make yourself a priority?