Good afternoon. Happy Saturday. Hope you are staying warm.
Although I enjoyed my Christmas and New Year’s with my family – it wasn’t without some not so fun times. I’ve been sick since the Monday before Christmas. I thought it was just a bad cold but it gradually got worse. I finally went to the Doctor’s on Thursday (they squeezed me in – thank goodness) before the big storm. I have a bacterial infection and I’m on the mend thanks to the zip pack I was given. I’m actually getting some energy back. (Yeah!)
I’ve been laying low – getting rest, drinking lots of liquids and even eating soup. I’ve missed working out (I’ve gotten a few walks in) and hope to get back on track on Monday.
Last weekend I dusted off a simple, favorite breakfast from my childhood. Soft boiled eggs! I did a couple of google searches on the timing – as although I like my eggs over easy – I like my soft boiled eggs really an in between version of hard / soft boiled eggs.
Here is my recipe:
- 2 – 3 room temperature eggs
- bring a pot of water on high to a slow boil
- add the room temperature eggs to the water
- set timer to 6 minutes (while eggs are cooking – toast you favorite bread or english muffins)
- once timer goes off take pot off of the burner – add cool water
- quickly peel eggs
- chop up eggs in a bowl – salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with buttered toast or english muffins
A picture from my breakfast this morning: