It has been 6 weeks since my last nutritionist appointment. My focus from the last 6 weeks was to make sure I’m particular about when I chose to eat desserts and other sweets. I think I did OK – I didn’t avoid them but I didn’t always avoid the ones that might not be worth it! However, that wasn’t really my challenge – my challenge of late has been that I’ve been hungry in between meals – which hasn’t been an issue previously.
So off to my appointment I went this morning. Previously, when I knew I didn’t have a good 6 weeks, I was tempted to move the appointment. I’ve learned two things on this journey:
- It is hard to get an appointment – so canceling puts me out a month or longer
- Going to see him – really helps me re-focus and reset and you know what I call that? PROGRESS
We talked about what I eat on most days and decided to change it up a bit. Since I normally eat breakfast late, we decided to make my breakfast option all protein and that I shouldn’t skip the carb at lunch (just don’t go crazy). The notes in my file actually say ‘eat a substantial lunch‘ which does NOT equate to eat a Buffet – no worries here – I hate buffets!! We also talked about my upcoming travel schedule – ‘adapt to the flow’ of the meeting which also means don’t feel compelled to graze and snack like others do! 🙂
So here is my focus for the next 6 weeks:
- Eat just protein for breakfast – keep it simple – eggs – hard boiled may be the easiest since I’m doing some day trips for work.
- At lunch again go for the protein first and some carbs – don’t eat just a salad for lunch. And another option is eat 1/2 the sandwich and take the other half home for later. And when at home make a sandwich using thin slices of bread. 🙂 Specific instruction – don’t skip the carb at lunch
- Adapt to the flow of the meeting. I also plan to bring my own water and nutritional snacks (as a back-up just in case I do get the munchies)
- I’ve planned some of my work-outs (as that has been going really well the last 6 weeks). And on days I am traveling – keep moving – even walking
- A cup of coffee in the afternoon can do the trick too!
Although I didn’t lose weight the last 6 weeks – I’m still maintaining a 30 lb weight loss not too bad. Hoping this adjustment in my eating habits will help me hit another milestone!
Stay tuned for the next update in 7 weeks (wasn’t available 6 weeks from now in the timeslot I like – which is first thing in the morning!)