It is so hard to believe that September 2014 is a memory. It was a super busy month for me with both personal and a little work travel to make it interesting. All of my personal travel involved a short jaunt from NJ to Happy Valley (4 hours each way) (4 weekends of PSU football – live!) and just to make it interesting a nice train ride through CT for work.
Thought I’d share Highlights from the month:
- Celebrated a birthday on the 8th – 68 birthday wishes on FB 🙂 and non-FB Friends
- Spending the day with my niece and nephew before they went back to school – always fun spending time with them. Even tried Smashburger for the first time – it was a hit for all of us. The milkshakes were YUMMY!
- A wonderful birthday weekend at a PSU game with my Mom, a good friend and her Mom.
- Dinner with my Parents at Char’s – Tracy Mansion. The food, atmosphere and my Cucumber Martini(s) were amazing! Dessert at home with my favorite cake – Italian Wedding Cake!
- An impromptu birthday lunch with one of my College roommates and later in the month another impromptu lunch with a College roommate on my way home from Happy Valley.
- PSU weekend with my College friends – whoever can get together once a year – we’ve been doing it since 2000 – always a good time. We all met our sophomore year at PSU.
- PSU local game – we won the game – I won’t go into my game time experience but the tailgating was lots of fun.
- Amtrak ride up the Northeast Corridor for stop in CT – some lovely views – my favorite is the view of NYC as we are leaving the city.
- PSU Homecoming – meet some great people tailgating, ate great food and indulge in some adult beverages including trying some Apple Pie Moonshine – just a couple of sips. Found another Pinot Noir I enjoy – Middle Sister. 🙂
- Scholarships Restored and Bowl Ban Lifted (on my Bday to be exact)! 🙂
- Starting an 8 week program focusing on Mindset, Fitness, Education, Accountability/Structure and Nutrition (more to come on this in later posts).
Have a great day!!